I haven't been sleeping well this week, so I apologize for not making sense. But here's a list of things that sleep-deprived me found fabulous this week:
1. Hot Guy and I saw Les Miserables on our wild movie New Year's Eve date. The movie was fabulous, Hot Guy was fabulous for going out on the date despite his cracked ribs (someone might be too old for sledding with the children, ahem) and my parents were fabulous for watching the kids.
2. House Republicans wouldn't vote for Hurricane Sandy relief funds or the Violence Against Women Act. Obviously, not technically fabulous but a great illustration of just how extremely biased and reactionary they are.
3. This end of year post by LucidLotus. Freaking fabulous.
4. Technically this was last week, but I love that my cousin has moved to New York and comes out to celebrate the holidays in the burbs.
5. During my family history project, I discovered that two of Hot Guy's Puritan forebears were whipped for having a "filthy dalliance" and allowed to marry underage because they had "spoiled themselves for all others". I think that is my new favorite family story.
6. There's a new Thursday Next book out. I love these books by Jasper Fforde so much that I don't know how to explain them well enough to do them justice. If you liked Jane Eyre, you should try reading the first in the series:
7. There's a new season of Dance Moms. Trashy TV does not get more fabulous than Dance Moms.